Must Have Todo list for a brand new Blog
It could be hard to define which characteristic do you need to become a web influencer. Maybe some passion and entrepreneurship, maybe social skills or maybe other talents. I don’t know exactly. But for sure you need a blog to start. In fact also if you are very active on social networks, like facebook, twitter, instagram, etc.., if you want also earn some money, you need a “landing space” in order to sell your products or promote your services.
There a million of guides on how to build a brand new Blog. The two one I suggest are these:
- http://www.thewebmate.com/start-your-professional-or-personal-blog-in-minutes/ (english)
- http://www.dariovignali.net/creare-blog-wordpress/ (italian)
But now what? Now you could start to write some posts, customize your pages and theme and so on. But here the must-have to do list that your blog needs. I divided in two parts, starter and pro, depending on your skills/objective.
- WordPress Plugin:
- Akismet: it is quite possibly the best way in the world to protect your blog from comment and trackback spam. Signup for an activation Key, and after you could sleep soundly;
- Contact Form by BestWebSoft: This is my preferred plugin to create a simple contact form like “name, email, subject and text”. You can see it at work on my Contac Page: http://www.startupstyle.it/contact/
- Google XML Sitemaps: This is the first step to optimise your site for Search engines. This plugin will generate a special XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing to better index your blog; Don’t worry about SEO when you start!
- NextGEN Gallery: The most popular gallery plugin for WordPress. This is a must have if you post many photos and want the user to show them in a beautiful way; Suggested especially for photographer and fashion blogger;
- WPtouch Mobile Plugin: Make your WordPress website mobile-friendly with just a few clicks;
- Share Buttons & tools to grow traffic by GetSocial.io: Spread the voice. If you want to attract users and spread the voice on social networks, this tool is really important to easily help them to share your content. I suggest this plugin because it’s easy to set up;
- All the STARTER wordpress plugin!
- WordPress Plugin:
- SumoMe: Free Tools to grow your email list and optimise your web site. Newsletter should be very important for your business model!
- Yoast SEO: The first true all-in-one SEO solution for WordPress, including on-page content analysis, XML sitemaps and much more.
- Email address: Having your email matching your domain is for sure a good business card, but you could easily start with a Gmail account, nobody will really care about. My suggestion is to have an unique email address like “firstname.lastname@example.org” and create the other ones, only when you really need it; (Tip: Instead to create an email account, the best thing is to set a forwarder)
- Autoresponder: If you have created a contact form, probably the best thing is to set an autoresponder to your email, so every time they contact you, they’ll automatically receive a “thank your for contact me” email.
I’m preparing an infographic about that, so if you are interested, please contact me or write a comment below.
If you like this post, please click on the button below, we really appreciate it!